Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V.M.GY: 'Bloodshed'
V.M.GY: 'Bloodshed'

.mp3    Bloodshed.mp3 --  (Download: 11.19 MB)

Nice mix Javier, very smooth sounding. To me the toms are a bit woody sort of though but nice midrange in all elements combined. Cool take on it Big Grin.
(25-07-2020, 12:53 PM)crownoise Wrote: Nice mix Javier, very smooth sounding. To me the toms are a bit woody sort of though but nice midrange in all elements combined. Cool take on it Big Grin.

Thank you crownoise, This was an interesting track. I am not familiar with all the metal genres, but this speed / melodic trash song was challenging because of the tempo and also to carve space on the synth parts. I liked the song and found that made it easier to mix it and connect with the musician's intention. The pads, organĀ and chorus sections needed to be emphasized , in my opinion, in a operatic way and later the counter response of the guitar solo to bring the mix home. What were your thoughts while mixing your version?
Yes i do agree, a very hard mix to bring home this one. I Aimed alot of my time while mixing to get everything tightly presented and to get a modern metal sound. Yes my monitoring is a bit on the bassy side, i have a couple of cheap headphones called plantroncs, i like to mix in a bit bassier once because i know i often overdoo it with bass since i love bass haha. I had a bit of Cradle of filth in mind when i did this one, they have always to me have had a really "ugly" sound to them atleast at the earlier years that still rings my bell nine out of then when i listen to them, very like harsh and that thing going on for them. I actually didn't replace any drums, i never do because i don't own any kind of plugin that does that. I had some bass and lowmids going into compression and some distortion. I like that you like my guitars here, i focused the most of the time playing around with subtle compression to get them really "tight" and helicopterspeed-like. I often find that fast attack settings but not fast enough can bring some of those benefits to guitars. I have ALOT of bias against productions sounding bad early in the song rather than later on into the song so i didn't think so much of that , i often don't nail things later going deeper into the song. I think i had the bass very low into the mix because i didnt feel it contributed anything to the performance rather then energy to the mix so there is very litle highs in the bass, good call on that one. I have stoped thinking of "carving" and making room to things now a days, now i try to think more of trying to make the things that can become better sounding sounding better if its possible. I think this is a big thing we as engineers and mixers face , balancing or sculpturing, because sometimes frequencies collide. The tracks are our pallets i suppose Smile
not a fan of that kick sound... bass low end is overpowering the rhythm guitars a lil. Synths could come down a notch they are quite louder than the guitars.
overall pretty solid though.