Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Coming Home -Analog mix x2, modern/funky
Two mixes, one more modern and one funky were I didn´t shy away from distortion and compression pump.
I think I dig the funky one Cool.
Please tell me what you don´t like about my mixes/
AD

.mp3    coming home modern master1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.93 MB)

.mp3    coming home funky master1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.93 MB)

The modern master is probably a little closer to what I would shoot for, but both mixes definitely have a style all their own.

The modern mix has a ton of space and sounds like I'm in the crowd. Very organic.

The funky master is definitely funky. I understand you were leaning into the compressor intentionally, but it kinda destroys the transients on the kit and makes the cymbals super unruly. The harder panning kinda forces the guitar a little more to the front in my opinion. Still really groovy.

I think that for this to play well on most things without having to turn everything to 11, I might try to close the loudness gap just a little bit.
Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
Hi PhilThePeel. Thank´s for your comment, I appreciate it!
The funky mix really sounds like crap in many ways. I was trying to make it sound like an early funk/soul record, you know before there was pan pots on the consoles, only R/M/L switches. I probably ended up somewhere else. Sometimes i like to go a little extreme and learn from it. There is still something in there that i like..