Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crownoise - Bloodshed
Wow, what a nice drop when the guitars starts riffing fast, love it. I didn't fix toms yet but i need to sleep. This is my first:

.mp3    Bloodshed.mp3 --  (Download: 10.82 MB)

(22-07-2020, 12:39 AM)crownoise Wrote: Wow, what a nice drop when the guitars starts riffing fast, love it. I didn't fix toms yet but i need to sleep. This is my first:

I like how you were able to replace your drums with this punchy cutting snare. Your guitars are aggressive and serving well the chugging of the song. I can hear subtle rhythm patterns I wasn't catching in my version. I like your emphasis of the piano over the choruses and then bringing the guitars all in a crescendo. It works well and get the rise of the song well presented. Is your monitor system bass heavy? I cant pick too much bass on my speakers here. Maybe that is my only comment to improve, bring either the bass volume up or saturate it to make it cut more. Otherwise great track you got here.
Thanks alot for the possitive feedback, i got very pleased of this mix myself! Smile As i mentioned on your mix i like it aswell. Yes i have bass heavy monitoring. I do think the same with the bass, hard thing to make it cut without it messing the mix up.
I don't know what it is about that snare but it just thumps.. especially in the blast beat. I'd clean that thump up because it's really muddy. It makes the guitar sound thinner than they appear.
balances over all are pretty solid, just some EQ choices to fix. The solo or at least the first part of it is also very muddy.
I was thinking i should be utalizing more automation for my next mix, i think my guitars are a tiny brittle around 3k but at some points they feel really good so if i'd automate the nasty freq it could get smoother. I like thumping in snares, but this snare had asome quite bulky lowmids so i see what you mean Shul.