Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistrusted: 'Carnival Charade'
Hi guys,
Here is my try. Let me know what do you think, Cheers!

.mp3    carnival_charade_ver5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.93 MB)

I think the level balance is really ok, perhaps the vocal in the verse a bit up.
The sound overall is a quite raw though. I know that's mainly because of the hmm, sloppy performance but I think in this case you can get more creative in the sense of hiding the "demoish" qualities of the song.

Cheers!
Hi!

Nice mix!

- I Thought I should at least check out the vocal reverb - heh Smile.

Yeah - really liking the guitar and vocal tones, and the overall 'shape' of the mix.

From the intro onwards, I initially thought the guitars and bass could be a a touch louder in the mix for my taste. I think it is actually maybe more the drums that are a touch loud though? I think I feel that certainly the snare is maybe poking out a bit too much for me and is a little out of balance with the guitars and the vocal perhaps?

I think tucking in the snare/drums a bit would also have the effect of giving the feeling of everything else being turned up? I think I kind of want to turn down the drums a touch, and turn everything else up a bit, if that makes sense?

Everything else is spot on I think though for me. It's only the drums/snare balance that drew my attention really.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Guys, Thanks for the input!
Sorry for so late react, i just saw your post.

Andy, yeah, the drums is a really issue in this recording, not mentioning about toms (they for sure needs samples)

Mikej, yes the biggest issue in this mix are drums, balance should be corrected for sure.

Cheers