Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Blues Bastards: 'Sugar' (critiques pls)
Hey Guys,

here is my mix. This tune was a great opportunity to try some interesting fx ideas, I hope I didnt go overboard. A challenge was the vocal tone, which was quite difficult to work with. I also shortend the song, as I felt the last part didnt really add anything.
I tried to feature the strings, they really fit this tune.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

.mp3    BluesBastards_Sugar_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.87 MB)

hi, i like the mix, when im listen the song i think the oposite of you, i try to make a mix without to much fx so the distortion part shock me a little jeje. good work.
Awesome mix. I would lower the volume of the snare throughout the song a tiny bit, as it almost cuts through the vocals. The FX's idea around 2:21 or so is very interesting, although I would avoid the distortion on the drums as it generates frequency masking with the (pretty cool) effect and automation going on with the voice. The rest is great.
Hi Lukas!! I really like your mix!! I think that if you raise the volume of the vocals about 3 db in verses and 5 db in the choruses and make it a little more present by boosting some high frequencies it would be perfect!! Good Job!!
The reverb you used for vocals sounds great

I like that you experiment

Listen to me and rate my version of Contact please

https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=36069

Sorry if I misspell, I don't speak English very well