Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistrusted - Carnival Charade
Hi,
My attempt.
Cheers!

.mp3    Mistrusted - Carnival Charade.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi Mikej,
Solid mix! I'd change the main vocal verb, feels like it's from a different track. You nicely managed gtrs harshness, Toms either. They had nasty attack. Good Job!
Hi!

Thanks for checking out my mix and taking the time to pass on your thoughts.

I find this style very difficult to mix as there are few elements and the character of the mix can be changed drastically by small balance and eq changes, especially when it comes to the guitar tone. Everything kind of needs to be right on the edge, but not over it. Quite difficult to commit to anything, and also to not lose focus given the frequency range of the guitars.

I tried something a little different with the vocal reverb. I thought it was ok and had the effect I was going for - it is a reverb, but more of a slap back delay sounding room thing - a touch distorted and a touch megaphone-ish is what I had in mind. I kind of wanted the vocals to sit on top of the mix a bit rather than blend in, sort of thing. That is what I had in mind anyway!

I checked out what you did with the vocals on your mix and think you might be right with your suggestion to change it. I certainly get where you are coming from. Maybe I need to blend in the reverb with the vocal a bit better, or use my more usual reverb. I'll have to revisit this and and see what I can come up with.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!