Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles: 'Alone With You' (New Version)
Hey guys,

mixed this trying out some airwindows plugins. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

.mp3    JustinMyles_AloneWithYou_v4.mp3 --  (Download: 17.33 MB)

Everything seems fitting the style. The sound is clean and alive, it has body and depth. Superb use of the reverb! Not too much but noticeable. The guitars at the beginning sound great too.

The kick has too much weight. It sounds good and the punch is good too, but too much weight. At some points, when all the guitars come up, there's a bit of harshness. If you haven't yet, try using DeBess as a de-harsh tool for guitars (or anyhting else). It works really well, but you may need to raise the signal coming into the plugin (This is where bitshiftgain comes in handy. +1 bit before, -1 bit after)

As a nitpick, the drums overheads could be a bit more silky and not too upfront. The whole drumkit could move back a little bit so the guitars can have enough space at those busier parts.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(19-07-2020, 10:30 AM)LukasL Wrote: Hey guys,

mixed this trying out some airwindows plugins. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
Hi Lukas,

I like the color of your mix, live ambiance sounds great on this song. 
Maybe you could check out the effects on the guitar, for more precision, but i like what you've done with tracks.

Don't hesitate to listen my mix, and don't be afraid to comment it.

Good job ! 

Yvan