Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relentlessly - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope youe enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    Relentlessly MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.08 MB)

Great mix, it all sounds much less muddy than the library mix. The vocals and drums cut through more which helps drive the song along. I could hear some distortion occasionally, maybe a track is briefly overloading at points?
I think it works overall. My suggestions for change would be the vocal is a bit muddy, maybe just pull some of the lower freq out of that. Add more low end to the kick, I have the same issue in my mix, kick needed some beef. Pull back on those extra kicks going into the last fast section. They have a lot more low end so it sounds like someone turned off the subwoofer when they exit the song, that is a bit of a production thing. I was thinking about sampling them and triggering them for that end section but got lazy.
(08-09-2020, 10:23 AM)alandavidhenry Wrote: Great mix, it all sounds much less muddy than the library mix. The vocals and drums cut through more which helps drive the song along. I could hear some distortion occasionally, maybe a track is briefly overloading at points?
Thanks for your feedback. I´ll try to fix it. Cheers!!! Smile
(08-09-2020, 07:11 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: I think it works overall.  My suggestions for change would be the vocal is a bit muddy, maybe just pull some of the lower freq out  of that.  Add more low end to the kick, I have the same issue in my mix, kick needed some beef.  Pull back on those extra kicks going into the last fast section.  They have a lot more low end so it sounds like someone turned off the subwoofer when they exit the song, that is a bit of a production thing. I was thinking about sampling them and triggering them for that end section but got lazy.
Thanks for your feedback. I´ll try to fix it. Cheers!! Smile