Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blues Bastards - Sugar
Hope everyone in the community is doing well.

.mp3    BB - Digitaldruglord_MP3_320kbps.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Vocal is very nicely placed. For a very inarticulate vocal you got very good intelligibility with iit. Inventive effects through the song too. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(15-07-2020, 01:26 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Vocal is very nicely placed. For a very inarticulate vocal you got very good intelligibility with iit. Inventive effects through the song too. Well done.
Thanks: I copied the main vocal track.. and muted and let the vocal first verse and chorus dive in to the dry side, then as the song swell, swell wet and balance with the effects on the second track copy.. so the main vocal track keep the middle and the effects mood can glide in gradually... 

I normally don’t apply vocal effects strategies in this way but for this song, the way the instrumentation builds moving into the song, I feel the vocal expression would be cool to have a sense of moving with it.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(15-07-2020, 02:04 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(15-07-2020, 01:26 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Vocal is very nicely placed. For a very inarticulate vocal you got very good intelligibility with iit. Inventive effects through the song too. Well done.
Thanks: I copied the main vocal track.. and muted and let the vocal first verse and chorus dive in to the dry side, then as the song swell, swell wet and balance with the effects on the second track copy.. so the main vocal track keep the middle and the effects mood can glide in gradually... 

I normally don’t apply vocal effects strategies in this way but for this song, the way the instrumentation builds moving into the song, I feel the vocal expression would be cool to have a sense of moving with it.
I did something similar in mine with changing effects on the vocals as the song progresses. I think it is a response to the unknowable words being sung as well.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Great mix !