Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BaumXmedi - Koishii (feat N.I.A.)
Hope everyone is well.

.mp3    Koishi - DDL-C_MP3_320kbps.mp3 --  (Download: 4.81 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
I appreciate your attempts to make everything upfront, but I think your particular process ended up detracting from this song's enjoyability.

First, I think the low end of the bass and kick drum take up far too much space and make the mix crowded. I would advise cutting from 20-80 and boosting where the sound is more defined (should be from 200-400).

Backing vocals could stand to be a little lower (I would guess 4db less) . As they are currently, they're a little distracting.

The claps are a little too sharp. Some transient shaping would be appropriate.

Besides that, the mix is pretty good. Lead vocals sound nice, even and defined. Synths and strings sound nice when they're not being blocked out by vocals and SFX.
(16-07-2020, 08:33 AM)Cerb-r-us Wrote: I appreciate your attempts to make everything upfront, but I think your particular process ended up detracting from this song's enjoyability.

First, I think the low end of the bass and kick drum take up far too much space and make the mix crowded. I would advise cutting from 20-80 and boosting where the sound is more defined (should be from 200-400).

Backing vocals could stand to be a little lower (I would guess 4db less) . As they are currently, they're a little distracting.

The claps are a little too sharp. Some transient shaping would be appropriate.

Besides that, the mix is pretty good. Lead vocals sound nice, even and defined. Synths and strings sound nice when they're not being blocked out by vocals and SFX.
I heard your mix.. I’m good on my direction for this, thanks.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.