Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blues Bastards - Sugar
Hello everyone, here is my mix. Any feedback is welcome Wink

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar.mp3 --  (Download: 9.66 MB)

I've made some tweaks and corrections   Blush

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.66 MB)

I listened to your second mix. Awesome!!!!

I like the idea of the lofi acoustic guitar in the beginning. I'm close to steal this idea and mix mine it again, LOL. The words "down, down..." in the break part are also treated very creative with that tremolo and distortion. All in all you created a vibe which catches me and make me dream. Thanks for sharing! 5 stars

Cheers!
(14-07-2020, 10:03 AM)mike84 Wrote: Hello everyone, here is my mix. Any feedback is welcome Wink
Hi!

Nice dreamy vibe of the song and cool effects in the bridge!
In the first verse  I think the LV has a bit too much low-mids
Just a matter of taste: I think the snare is bit too loud.

Cheers!
Thank you very much AndyGallas! I really appreciate it.
Hi ERJEE!
Thank you very much for listening and the comments. Really appreciate it!
Great idea the radio intro. Drums sound powerful and dense. Did you used parallel compression or harmonic distortion? I would reduce the room reverb you used on the vocals a bit to get it more upfront. Great delay use in the down part. Also I hear some modulation, maybe a guitar vibrato effect or similar? Balances are good and ix is interesting. I personally would like it with a little of more sparkle in the high end but that  is only my taste, it could be fine like it is now. Great job!
Thank you javierpg84. First sorry for my bad english. Yes, you‘re right. I used paralell comp and also some harmonic distortion on the all drums and one for snare. In the "down" part I used speaker effect, tremollo effect, ping–pong delay and some automation. Thank you very much again.
Hey Mike,
i love your mix, especially your drums. well done !
ps: stole your lofi guitars Wink
Thank you very much AlexC :-)