Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last stand - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    The last stand MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.53 MB)

Hi Silvio!

I think this is a great recording. I really like the funky rhythms, the cool song and the tight arrangement. The balance in your mix seems okay. Unfortunately, you have completely crushed the dynamics of the music by applying way too much limiting. I measured the loudness of the track and it's at -7 LUFS. This takes away all the life in the music, distorts the sound in the most terrible and digital way and makes it exhausting to the ears. You should try mixing without a limiter on the master bus. If you are already doing that, turn down the gain so that you are not clipping the output.

I hope this wasn't too harsh, but it's really hard to hear anything good when a mix has been this crushed by a limiter.
(15-08-2020, 12:22 AM)Frej Wrote: Hi Silvio!

I think this is a great recording. I really like the funky rhythms, the cool song and the tight arrangement. The balance in your mix seems okay. Unfortunately, you have completely crushed the dynamics of the music by applying way too much limiting. I measured the loudness of the track and it's at -7 LUFS. This takes away all the life in the music, distorts the sound in the most terrible and digital way and makes it exhausting to the ears. You should try mixing without a limiter on the master bus. If you are already doing that, turn down the gain so that you are not clipping the output.

I hope this wasn't too harsh, but it's really hard to hear anything good when a mix has been this crushed by a limiter.
Hi Frej
I will check this. I had not noticed it. But I will. Thanks for your feedback!! Wink
Cheers