Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
'Sugar' AndyGallas Mix
This song makes me sad.... :(

.mp3    BluesBastards_Sugar.mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

After listening to Mike84's mix I had to take this one more serious and give it another shot plus of course I can't resist to steal some of Mikes very cool ideas (sorry Mike – love ya)

Here it is....

.mp3    BluesBastards_Sugar2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

Very nicely crafted intro. Very inventive and well executed.
This is not an easy song to capture and you've got some fun things going on.
Making the synths dominant is an interesting approach.
Are you happy with your drums?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thank you very much!
Regarding the drums, that's a trick question right :)
Well for this song I liked the drums softer and bit darker, actually almost like they were recorded. To me it works here somehow.

Cheers!
(17-07-2020, 05:28 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Thank you very much!
Regarding the drums, that's a trick question right Smile
Well for this song I liked the drums softer and bit darker, actually almost like they were recorded. To me it works here somehow.

Cheers!
Haha...Gotcha!  LOL
I went with very dark drums too which mainly supported the underlying throb of the tempo. I wanted to let the synths have room against the guitars and blending in darker drums helped make space for me. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Cool
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Version 2:
Really great how the song "opens up" when the drums enter. If you go this route I would consider shortening the intro a bit.
Your execution of the wall of sound style is really clean but still full. Great job!

Drums sound great. Kept it pretty plain (as I did), which works very well imo.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

Nitpick: There is a nasty click sound in the right channel roughly at 2:32.
(21-07-2020, 10:17 AM)LukasL Wrote: Version 2:
Really great how the song "opens up" when the drums enter. If you go this route I would consider shortening the intro a bit.
Your execution of the wall of sound style is really clean but still full. Great job!

Drums sound great. Kept it pretty plain (as I did), which works very well imo.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

Nitpick: There is a nasty click sound in the right channel roughly at 2:32.
Hello Lukas,
thanks for checking the mix and your comments, appreciated. And yes there ist that click Smile
Hello mate!! Both versions are good but I have to say that I really love the second one!! The energy you have given to the song is amazing!! Congrats!!!
Sounds really good this mix if a bit over saturated thats loosing it a bit of bottom end focus.
If the bottom end was just a bit tighter it will improve it even more.The kick is too pillow .
I would gate it too make it a bit more focused and solid