Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9 - Pray For The Rain (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this song. Thanks for listening and any comments!

.mp3    Nerve 9 - Pray For The Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

Hi Heinim - thanks for mixing our track ! Listening through now:

- nice treatment of the intro guitar - like the space
- bass guitar - a bit heavy in the upper mids or prominent when it comes in. I mentioned checking out MikeS's comments in the reference mix (03/15) - worth checking out if you haven't read it
- kick drum/bass in my sub feels a bit strong. Drum balance sounds great to me otherwise
- drum and bass balance vs. guitars and lead vocals feels a bit high relative
- BV treatment and balance sounds great
- guitar lead part is pushed back - all other elements are pushing to the front of the mix
- bridge part sounds great.
- cymbal swells are very prominent. Might be fine if the overall drum level in the balance comes down.

Thanks again Heinim - I hope these observations come in helpful. All the individual mix elements are sounding strong to me - it just feels like the drum/bass balance is a bit hot vs. other instrumentation and a bit bass heavy. This made it feel like the lead vocal wasn't the featured element - the drums and bass were.

Cheers ! Thanks again for mixing our song
Thomas
(18-01-2021, 12:47 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Heinim - thanks for mixing our track !  Listening through now:

- nice treatment of the intro guitar - like the space
- bass guitar - a bit heavy in the upper mids or prominent when it comes in.  I mentioned checking out MikeS's comments in the reference mix (03/15) - worth checking out if you haven't read it
- kick drum/bass in my sub feels a bit strong.  Drum balance sounds great to me otherwise
- drum and bass balance vs. guitars and lead vocals feels a bit high relative
- BV treatment and balance sounds great
- guitar lead part is pushed back - all other elements are pushing to the front of the mix
- bridge part sounds great.
- cymbal swells are very prominent.  Might be fine if the overall drum level in the balance comes down.

Thanks again Heinim - I hope these observations come in helpful.  All the individual mix elements are sounding strong to me - it just feels like the drum/bass balance is a bit hot vs. other instrumentation and a bit bass heavy.  This made it feel like the lead vocal wasn't the featured element - the drums and bass were.

Cheers !  Thanks again for mixing our song
Thomas
Hi ThomasStevenson! Many thanks for the comments and for the Multitracks it was a pleasure to mix. This was very helpful I'm doing a new mix later on. Cheers!