Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A good song and inspiring to mix. Thanks for listening!

V2 small changes!

V3 some changes!

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.92 MB)

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.92 MB)

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright V3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.92 MB)

New version V2 small changes!
Tidy mix mate, I feel like you could have widened things up a little to create some more space in the mix. Drums are sounding rocking. This mix reminds me of 70s style mixing which is probably the new sound these days. I opted to drive the tune with the ac. gtrs wide but that dates it to an eary 2000s mix. Vocals sounding good here as well.
Luke Percy,
Sydney Australia
https://www.lapaudio.com/
(06-01-2021, 07:56 AM)lukepercy Wrote: Tidy mix mate, I feel like you could have widened things up a little to create some more space in the mix. Drums are sounding rocking. This mix reminds me of 70s style mixing which is probably the new sound these days. I opted to drive the tune with the ac. gtrs wide but that dates it to an eary 2000s mix. Vocals sounding good here as well.
Hello lukepercy! Many thanks for the comments. Yes, I did go for a 70s style mix I felt it suited this song. Cheers!
Hi Heinim.Your low mids seems a bit high .Vocal is between the mudd frequency area.Some instruments are uncontrolled or hard automated (they up and down like the elevator )Aquistic guitars' low frequence very much.You need more clarity .There is a frequency interference between Piano-guitar and vocal .Piano mask the guitar and vocal and makes your mix boomy.Hope that helps.
(06-01-2021, 01:54 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hi Heinim.Your low mids seems a bit high .Vocal is between the mudd frequency area.Some instruments are uncontrolled or hard automated (they up and down like the elevator )Aquistic guitars' low frequence very much.You need more clarity .There is a frequency interference between Piano-guitar and vocal .Piano mask the guitar and vocal and  makes your mix boomy.Hope that helps.
Hello Mammy! Thanks for the comments and yes the low mids for a person in my age (61) is too high/big.  Blush Joke aside, maybe I'll do another mix later on. Cheers!
Heinim !You're real gentleman and you are very kind.I listen your mixes with  high pleasure!And you look 45  Big Grin
(06-01-2021, 07:39 PM)Mammy Wrote: Heinim !You're real gentleman and you are very kind.I listen your mixes with  high pleasure!And you look 45  Big Grin
Hi Mammy! You are very kind so many thanks. Cheers! Big Grin
I agree you have a lot of nasty stuff in the low mids , that piano is mudding the mix up a lot ,try to clean that up for 1
its all a bit of a pickle in the mids.Try starting the mix in mono a its easer to to find the space for individual elements with eq
(06-01-2021, 11:55 PM)takka360 Wrote: I agree you have a lot of nasty stuff in the low mids , that piano is mudding the mix up a lot ,try to clean that up for 1
its all a bit of a pickle in the mids.Try starting the mix in mono a its easer to to find the space for individual elements with eq
Hi takka360! Many thanks for the comments. I always start my mixes in mono to get a good balance and maybe do some EQ for each track. Then I go to stereo to make decisions on panning and FX's. Anyway, thanks for the advices. Cheers!