Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini This town
This is my mix,not quite finished yet kinda reached a brickwall,any advice would be great Big Grin

.mp3    Angelo Boltini This Town Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.39 MB)

.mp3    Angelo Boltini This Town Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

.mp3    Angelo Boltini This Town Mix3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

.mp3    Angelo Boltini This Town Final mix mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

Reaper user
hi! thanks for feedback. i like the punchy beats very much. maybe de ess lead vocal? nice ending, great work. ^_^
(13-07-2020, 10:28 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! thanks for feedback. i like the punchy beats very much. maybe de ess lead vocal? nice ending, great work. ^_^
Cheers Kapu for your comments de essing done,comments still welcomed Big Grin
Reaper user
(12-07-2020, 04:41 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: This is my mix,not quite finished yet kinda reached a brickwall,any advice would be great Big Grin
Hi Cudjoe.
Nice Balanced mix.
I'm not a pro at all, but in my opinion a little too bright vocal and a little too much high end.
I had the same or still have problems with the vocal, because I can hear small things like clips in both yours and my mix of the vocal, especially in the words (I got to) that I had to fade into.
But it's a little sensitive so you do not drop the attack in words, or
Maybe the bright vocals have to do with the fact that it's a little too much high end.
Otherwise very good job.  Smile
(14-07-2020, 09:25 PM)Patsculle Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 04:41 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: This is my mix,not quite finished yet kinda reached a brickwall,any advice would be great Big Grin
Hi Cudjoe.
Nice Balanced mix.
I'm not a pro at all, but in my opinion a little too bright vocal and a little too much high end.
I had the same or still have problems with the vocal, because I can hear small things like clips in both yours and my mix of the vocal, especially in the words (I got to) that I had to fade into.
But it's a little sensitive so you do not drop the attack in words, or
Maybe the bright vocals have to do with the fact that it's a little too much high end.
Otherwise very good job.  Smile
Thanks Pat you are right about the vocals being too bright,i was trying out a old bbe maximiser (hardware) on it and obviously over did it,iam at work at the moment but will post a mix3 later,cheers for your comments.
Reaper user
[quote pid='98747' dateline='1594789977']
[quote pid='98735' dateline='1594758338']

[/quote]
Thanks Pat you are right about the vocals being too bright,i was trying out a old bbe maximiser (hardware) on it and obviously over did it,iam at work at the moment but will post a mix3 later,cheers for your comments.

Cool!

I have for a long time wanted to test an outboard compressor on my mixbus just to see if it gives a slightly warmer sound and with the hope that the vocal maybe a little more comfortable and fits better in the mix
[/quote]
(15-07-2020, 08:13 AM)Patsculle Wrote: [quote pid='98747' dateline='1594789977']
[quote pid='98735' dateline='1594758338']

Cool!

I have for a long time wanted to test an outboard compressor on my mixbus just to see if it gives a slightly warmer sound and with the hope that the vocal maybe a little more comfortable and fits better in the mix
[/quote]

[/quote]
Experimenting with BBE maximiser can be very addictive and dangerous to top end so i left it out of the vocals in mix3,all comments welcomed.
Reaper user
Too Much Bass the mix sound boomy, Vocals seems to be detached from the rest of the mix, Drums need more impact, Snare sound thin and need a little bit of fatness. I really enjoyed how you placed synths in your mix but Guitars are too far and need tobe a bit in the mix especialy the solo at the end.
Mr. Loud
(15-07-2020, 05:03 PM)The Wizzards Wrote:
Too Much Bass the mix sound boomy, Vocals seems to be detached from the rest of the mix, Drums need more impact, Snare sound thin and need a little bit of fatness. I really enjoyed how you placed synths in your mix but Guitars are too far and need tobe a bit in the mix especialy the solo at the end.
Thank you for your comments final mix uploaded.
Reaper user