Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Blues Bastards - Sugar - a lower calorie mix by boomaga
Just curious, how many languages do you speak? I've found this to be a very international forum and that's what makes it great. And everyone tries their best to communicate in a common language. As an American, I'm glad it's English even though I speak it as poor as anyone. Luckily my Bronx accent doesn't come through. That said, I can't express anything in the native language of a lot of of the most prolific posters. I can't speak Japanese or Russian. And I'm sure I'd butcher Australian as Dangerous Dave would acknowledge (yes I know it's english, I wish 'barrack' would gain ground in the US. I'd root for it! (why all the laughter?))

As for the mix, it's a bit dry and brittle. I never felt the vocal needed tuning but on causal listening I don't hear any artifacts from doing so but also no improvement. I miss the bridge vocals. The snare is a bit up front and on top of everything. The bass guitar is a little anemic. It feels generally empty and I think some of the synths and strings would fill in the space better. Overall it just feels very...light. It's not horrible but the mix doesn't barrack (see above) the song very much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blues Bastards - Sugar - a lower calorie mix by boomaga - by Roy - 12-07-2020, 05:05 PM