Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini - This Town [OoF]
Hi guys,

Here's my attempt at mixing this song. This is legitimately hard to mix for me and I wish I had directions from the producer in order to take it where it's suppose to. I tried my best, but I reached a point when my desk seemed to be a good place for my head to meet repeatedly and vigorously. 

Aaaanyway, I approached this mix trying to emphasize the hard hitting percussion, and letting the different elements show up as much as I could before everything sounded like a sonic mess. On top of that, fitting the voice into the already populated mix was quite hard. Probably I should've started mixing the voice and the drums, and gradually add other elements, but I'm not going back to square zero. 

Please, let me know how you feel about this mix, comments, questions and critiques are always very, very helpful.

.mp3    AngeloBoltini_ThisTown_OoF.M1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hi!
Pretty well balanced mix. Very good and big sounding drums. Much better than my version Smile Really, really nice !
Hey,

I think you assesment of the situation is on point. You have an excellent instrumental mix, but the vocal could be featured more.
Everything else sounds "radio-ready" in my opinion.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
(14-07-2020, 06:08 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey,

I think you assesment of the situation is on point. You have an excellent instrumental mix, but the vocal could be featured more.
Everything else sounds "radio-ready" in my opinion.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

I definitely should've worked on the voice right after the drums/bass, and build the rest of the mix around it. The way I mixed it, the voice sounded a bit nasty when I added a couple extra dB. Note taken for future mixes. Thanks for your comments!
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.