Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Sugar
Sugar

.mp3    Sugar.mp3 --  (Download: 9.62 MB)

I like the stereo separation, you're making smart choices about things in center, L and R, accenting the ride, the drums overall. Are you mixing on headphones or monitors ? i'd guess headphones but I couuld be wrong. The ringing bell sounds at the intro are really loud. The octave effect you put on the spoken "down down" voice is really, really really unsettling and creepy, did you mean to give me nightmares ? There are some wild effects on tracks. It's a good mix overall. Hey, nice fade out ! Thank you. A lot of mixers here have trouble with fades.
boomaga  (Drew Perkins)
MTSU Mass Comm Recording Industry, BS in Audio Recording Production & Tech, 2004
 using Cubase 10

Gear List
Yes - using Headphones.  The creepy sound is a send to Eventide H3000 Factory "Octave Fat" preset and obviously an automated pan from side to side.  There is a bit of automation on tracks to bring things in and out to keep it interesting.  The bell (the guitar) at the start has the volume automated down on the strike and then up for the chord. Probably meant it to be that loud but without monitors, I could not say if it is too loud.  Obviously did not slam the drums with compression or deafened the listener with BASS - Hey if this sound is good enough for Jethro Tull then it's good enough for this track.  Did not listen to the "Official" version.