Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - South Of The Water
Hey everybody i'm from spain and i'm new in this forum. i'm introducing myself in the world of mixing. Let me know what you think.

Sorry for my english and thanks for listening!

.mp3    Actions - SouthOfTheWater MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 6.65 MB)

Yeah! Good Mix, Great Sound, I like it!
I like the sound of Bassguitar, special effects and the new arrangement!

Bye

p.s. I'm Italian! Big Grin

My Band - FireLips
I dig the arrangements and the effects, it was really interesting. I think the bass and bass drum sound unnatural, they should something to feel not sth to listen. But great, that snare was perfect, what did you use? Vst instrument or sample?
The stingrays must be fat this year
I'm moving slow, in my lowest gear....♪♫
(18-09-2012, 09:12 PM)Yippie37 Wrote: I dig the arrangements and the effects, it was really interesting. I think the bass and bass drum sound unnatural, they should something to feel not sth to listen. But great, that snare was perfect, what did you use? Vst instrument or sample?

Hi, i used samples for the bass drum and the snare
Interesting shift in the balance here, in terms of bringing the bass much further up front -- and I like it too, because that part is interesting enough to really drive the song forward.

The vocals, guitars, and cymbals are getting into a rather abrasive pile-up in the 2-6kHz region, which makes it difficult to turn your version up without sand-papering my eardrums. I'd be a bit more selective about which part of this zone you give to which channels in the mix. Everything can't be as 'present' as everything else.

Another bold move with the drop chorus and stereo acoustic guitars at 2:22 -- nice creative thinking. In principle I reckon this could work really well, but they sound rather too big and too wide in your version for me, such that the chorus then feels rather small and narrow by comparison. Try giving those guitars less low end and panning them in a little.
Absolutely love the bass guitar sound.
Care to share how you did it?