Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Blues Bastards - Sugar
(09-07-2020, 08:48 PM)mikej Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 09:36 PM)Petrenious Wrote: Wow, awesome work! Thank you!

(09-07-2020, 08:32 PM)Petrenious Wrote: Great work! Pretty round and warm!
i guess it needs more balance and fx automation, cos lots of things happening here at the same time. Static is not sexy) Automation will help to make verses more intimate, and choruses wider/bigger. You can play with mute button or ride faders to change and rotate instruments as you want. It will solve masking problem between instruments too Smile
Thank you for your mixing, have fun!

ps.  Anybody hears violins hi freq resonance ?

So not quite so awesome after all then?!?

I really like your work,  its literally good and solid mix.  Just my opinion, its all about nuancesSmile
I agree with Petrenious on this one, I love the general feel and balance.  You have the drum part playing it's part well through the mix.  I just feel you can really awaken the song through it's movments using the arrangement and automation throughout.  The mix does sound a little busy at times in the upper frequencies for my ears.  Some low passing may help here.  Acoustic guitars for example.  
An enjoyable listen regardless.
Hi,

Thanks for listening and for the further comments!

I'll dig in to it again and see what I can do.

I was aiming for a brighter mix, but maybe I've over done it a bit. Maybe I don't have to have everything bright perhaps, I'll see. I think maybe there's a few spots where I can move things around a bit.

To be honest I'm not too sure what I would do with regards to automation at the moment. There is some minor bits of automation there. Doing more did cross my mind but I decided the natural dynamics of the tracks built up ok. Maybe there's some things I can do there though still.

Not sure about the resonance in the violin, it does feel to me that there is maybe one common note (an F perhaps or something I dunno) running through the part or something though perhaps, I'll check into it.

Thanks again for the comments.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Solid mix. Excellent balances and great results. Could be easily released commercially. Cheers
(17-07-2020, 03:12 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: Solid mix. Excellent balances and great results. Could be easily released commercially. Cheers

Thanks for checking it out and for the kind comment.

I've revisited the mix again and added mix 1.2. I hope I've managed the frequencies a bit better. I've tried to bring out a few more details that were pushed back a bit in the previous mixes also. I hope it's an improvement!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!