Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Blues Bastards - Sugar
Yet another fun track. Cool
1st Pass - no automation.

.mp3    BluesBastards_Sugar.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

I like the delay used on the vocals. Are you doing any de-essing or filtering before the delay? For me it can be distracting to hear the highend of a vocal bounce around from a delay, and at the beginning of the track some of that stuff is more noticeable.

Cool bass tone though. Some mixes I don't even think that there is bass in the song, but your bass pops out nicely.
(09-07-2020, 12:31 AM)Friggy Wrote: I like the delay used on the vocals. Are you doing any de-essing or filtering before the delay? For me it can be distracting to hear the highend of a vocal bounce around from a delay, and at the beginning of the track some of that stuff is more noticeable.

Cool bass tone though. Some mixes I don't even think that there is bass in the song, but your bass pops out nicely.

Hi Friggy,
                   Thanks for giving this a listen. Doesn't look to be any de-essing going on (just went back into the track to look). I usually try and make sure that the delay isn't overly present one way or another. Just kind of like for it to be hanging back there.  I'll revisit that if I go back in and mess with this one.

NT
check your delay settings
(13-07-2020, 07:33 AM)elvictorioso Wrote: check your delay settings

They're lovely.
Nicely done. Very bold move with the bass tone. Did you go far enough??? Great imaging and movement. Balances are spot on. One of your best.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]