Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.4 Average
Blues Bastards - Sugar (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A good recording and fun to mix. Hope you like it!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar.mp3 --  (Download: 9.71 MB)

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

The level and at the paste you are putting these mixes out are really impressive, really good mix this one. I am impressed Smile Will have a go at this mix when i have time and see if i can put something into it myself , cheers.
(04-07-2020, 04:44 PM)crownoise Wrote: The level and at the paste you are putting these mixes out are really impressive, really good mix this one. I am impressed Smile Will have a go at this mix when i have time and see if i can put something into it myself , cheers.
Thanks crownoise! I'm really loving doing this and for an old amature (I'm 61) this gives me a lot of pleasure. I love good music as we all do and the excitement to have the opportunity to use this library for learning. I have done 300+ of the song from this library the last 7-8 months, so I feel have gained a lot of experience in mixing different type of songs!
Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!
(05-03-2021, 03:39 PM)heinim Wrote: New version V2 some changes!
Sounds great - you found some synth parts that I seem to have ignored or buried in the mix! Guess I should go and hunt for a few of those and bring them up in level at the appropriate time in my own mix that I just posted.

This does feel over compressed to me though making it sound a little flat.

But apart from that I like it, nice one!
(07-03-2021, 09:18 PM)jlawford Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 03:39 PM)heinim Wrote: New version V2 some changes!
Sounds great - you found some synth parts that I seem to have ignored or buried in the mix! Guess I should go and hunt for a few of those and bring them up in level at the appropriate time in my own mix that I just posted.

This does feel over compressed to me though making it sound a little flat.

But apart from that I like it, nice one!
Hi jlawford! Many thanks for the comments. Interesting you say about over compressed I have only a compressor on the bass (max 2-3 dB) and I'm riding the vocal and then on the master I limiting about 2-3 dB. Cheers!
Maybe the limiter needs adjusting, or reduce its effect and use gentle glue compression with light limiting.
I’m mostly using mix buss compression. 1-3dB reduction happening most of the time except quiet passages. Then the limiter just stops brief peaks clipping the master.
(08-03-2021, 12:19 AM)jlawford Wrote: Maybe the limiter needs adjusting, or reduce its effect and use gentle glue compression with light limiting.
I’m mostly using mix buss compression. 1-3dB reduction happening most of the time except quiet passages. Then the limiter just stops brief peaks clipping the master.
Hi jlawford! Thanks for the advise. Cheers!
The balance is cool but I missing punch and grove from drums. Vocals also seem a little too much in your face, I think they are just too dry.
(22-03-2023, 02:57 AM)Grzesiek Wrote: The balance is cool but I missing punch and grove from drums. Vocals also seem a little too much in your face, I think they are just too dry.
Hi Grzesiek! Thanks for the comments and yes I wanted the vocal to be up front on this one but I'll probably do another mix of this later on. Cheers!