Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Sugar Bastards
Hey fam,
It's me. I did a mix for you. It's ok.
Pretty nice recording to be honest. It was really nice to work with.

**Edit**
Added vintage mixarooni

.mp3    BluesBastards_SugarM1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)

.mp3    BluesBastards_SugarM2.1(Vintage).mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)

~
Other Mixes
Hi, I like your mix. Good and emotions convey the song. For such a song, in my opinion, the drums should be more accurate. I would advise the first: to make it more delicate in setting up a kick and snare (attack and
less input gain compressor)
The second is to make them quieter. Drums take up a lot of space in the mix. Make them quieter by 2-3 dB and let other listeners hear the instruments.
The third is less than equalization and delay vocals. Vocals should be as natural as possible.
Last: Because of the high volume, you almost killed the whole dynamics of the song in which it was. I advise you to make less volume on the limiter or compressor. Allowed values for this song are not louder than -9 RMS. Good luck
(05-07-2020, 07:45 AM)JunglestateUnion Wrote: Hi, I like your mix. Good and emotions convey the song. For such a song, in my opinion, the drums should be more accurate. I would advise the first: to make it more delicate in setting up a kick and snare (attack and
The second is to make them quieter. Drums take up a lot of space in the mix. Make them quieter by 2-3 dB and let other listeners hear the instruments.
The third is less than equalization and delay vocals. Vocals should be as natural as possible.
Last: Because of the high volume, you almost killed the whole dynamics of the song in which it was. I advise you to make less volume on the limiter or compressor. Allowed values for this song are not louder than -9 RMS. Good luck
Hey mate, thanks for the advice but I feel like your points are subjective, and you're making a couple of assumptions that aren't true.
Firstly, I rather like the energy of having fatter drums, it adds to the energy of the song and I don't think they are detracting from the rest of the arrangement at all.
Secondly, the vocals don't have any eq except a high pass filter and a high shelf. I disagree with you that the vocals should be as natural as possible - they shouldn't sound weird I agree, but too natural can be boring.
Lastly, there is no compression on the master at all except an FF-L2 limiter that's catching the peaks. The only instruments that I am properly compressing are the kick, snare, overheads, bass, and vocals. That's it. And I think you should be able to make the song as loud as you need it to be.
But thanks for listening and for taking the time to comment.
~
Other Mixes
(05-07-2020, 09:48 AM)Quathamer Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 07:45 AM)JunglestateUnion Wrote: Hi, I like your mix. Good and emotions convey the song. For such a song, in my opinion, the drums should be more accurate. I would advise the first: to make it more delicate in setting up a kick and snare (attack and
Hey mate, thanks for the advice but I feel like your points are subjective, and you're making a couple of assumptions that aren't true.
Firstly, I rather like the energy of having fatter drums, it adds to the energy of the song and I don't think they are detracting from the rest of the arrangement at all.
Secondly, the vocals don't have any eq except a high pass filter and a high shelf. I disagree with you that the vocals should be as natural as possible - they shouldn't sound weird I agree, but too natural can be boring.
Lastly, there is no compression on the master at all except an FF-L2 limiter that's catching the peaks. The only instruments that I am properly compressing are the kick, snare, overheads, bass, and vocals. That's it. And I think you should be able to make the song as loud as you need it to be.
But thanks for listening and for taking the time to comment.
Do as you see fit, I just expressed as a listener what distracted me. You can make this song at least -5 Rms in volume. It just sounds inappropriate. Loud doesn't mean a good mix.
Listen more to diverse music in order to understand how corporate music should sound, I think with experience you will understand everything with time.
Hey mate! im drummer and producer of Blues Bastards. We feel the same (my bandmates) , drums are too agressive, the idea was to make vinage-style, kind of psychedelic, not soft, intimate and light weight vibe, and only last chorus need to have more aggression :) but you've done your interpretation, and its ok !
(05-07-2020, 07:52 PM)Petrenious Wrote: Hey mate! im drummer and producer of Blues Bastards. We feel the same (my bandmates) ,  drums are too agressive,  the idea was to make vinage-style,  kind of psychedelic, not soft,  intimate and light weight vibe, and only last chorus need to have more aggression Smile but you've done your interpretation, and its ok !
Yeah awesome feedback, thanks for that. I've gone ahead and spent another few minutes on it to bring out something a little more what you and your band were going for. It's a great song and was really well recorded. Thanks for letting us all play around with your work!
~
Other Mixes