Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Sugar - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    Sugar MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.71 MB)

Hey man, cool mix Big Grin I like the snap and punch in the drums.
(05-07-2020, 04:20 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey man, cool mix Big Grin I like the snap and punch in the drums.
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.  Smile Cheers!!
Ive noticed strange resonance during chorus 2 and 3. Cool vocal fx on drop part!
(07-07-2020, 10:55 PM)Petrenious Wrote: Ive noticed strange resonance during  chorus 2 and 3. Cool vocal fx on drop part!
Thanks for your feedback.  Smile
The ringing bell sounds are very forward on the intro versus the real live acoustic guitars, and throughout the song, but that' a production choice and may not be up to the mixer, I understand. There's a lot of opportunities to leave tracks out, though - I'd encourage you to consider wearing the producer-as-reducer and making choices to omit or at least just bring down levels of, let's say, purely ornamental sounds. The "sound effects" don't have to have the same weight as the actual musical instruments. Prioritize ! And, like almost everyone else I've heard, pull back on the buss compression. Overall though easy to listen to.
boomaga  (Drew Perkins)
MTSU Mass Comm Recording Industry, BS in Audio Recording Production & Tech, 2004
 using Cubase 10

Gear List
(08-07-2020, 04:17 PM)boomaga Wrote: The ringing bell sounds are very forward on the intro versus the real live acoustic guitars, and throughout the song, but that' a production choice and may not be up to the mixer, I understand.    There's a lot of opportunities to leave tracks out, though - I'd encourage you to consider wearing the producer-as-reducer and making choices to omit or at least just bring down levels of, let's say,  purely ornamental sounds.  The "sound effects" don't have to have the same weight as the actual musical instruments.  Prioritize !  And, like almost everyone else I've heard, pull back on the buss compression.  Overall though easy to listen to.
Thanks for your feedback. I usually try to get a sound that I like. And try to play cards with it. 
Smile Smile Cheers