Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault For Waiting (Hein-Ivan Mix)
This nice song I feel is a bit out of my league. Anyway, this is my try on this and thanks for listening!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault For Waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 9.32 MB)

.mp3    Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault For Waiting V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.33 MB)

New version V2 some changes!
It was a fun song to mix and it probably did take 6 hours or so to get finished.
So you've done a good job, but some comments (which is why we are here!):
- The drums do sound quite boxy and the snap of the kick is lost. The cymbals need to stay at a similar level (a bit more) but the actual drums (i.e. kick, snare and toms) could do with being a lot louder.
- You could EQ the ringing/riff clean guitars to bring out the really high end. Panned hard L and R they are interesting, but kind of getting lost here.
- Vocal levels need automating section by section, even word by word in some passages. The levels are inconsistent, for instance verse 2 they are too loud..
What's you monitoring situation like? The low end seems not that well defined.
It is a tricky challenge but not a bad job!
(24-02-2021, 04:53 PM)jlawford Wrote: It was a fun song to mix and it probably did take 6 hours or so to get finished.
So you've done a good job, but some comments (which is why we are here!):
- The drums do sound quite boxy and the snap of the kick is lost. The cymbals need to stay at a similar level (a bit more) but the actual drums (i.e. kick, snare and toms) could do with being a lot louder.
- You could EQ the ringing/riff clean guitars to bring out the really high end. Panned hard L and R they are interesting, but kind of getting lost here.
- Vocal levels need automating section by section, even word by word in some passages. The levels are inconsistent, for instance verse 2 they are too loud..
What's you monitoring situation like? The low end seems not that well defined.
It is a tricky challenge but not a bad job!
Hi jlawford! Many thanks for the comments and suggestions. I use 3 different monitor setups, but the most important reference for me is in the car to check the low-end after listening to pro reference tracks and then compare with my own mixes.
I will listen to some of your mixes to compare and learn. Cheers!