Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A nice singer and a good song. Hope you like it!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me.mp3 --  (Download: 9.93 MB)

.mp3    Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.93 MB)

Getting the mandolin present in your mix like that is admirable. I struggled with it for quite some time in my mix. I hear an influx of hi-mid in your mix. I think bc of it your mix is less punchy and your instruments less defined, imo. The bass is nice but can use a bit more bottom (sub). I think the distorted guitar is a bit loud in some places competing with the vocal, holding it back. I think you can pan the guitar and the mandolin opposite; that'll make your mix a bit wider, more pleasant to listen to, imo. Perhaps by doing that, your guitar may not interfere with your vocal anymore without doing much. In my experience, I am more weary about top end in live recording than studio's. I spent more time cleaning the craps, but it helps hone my skills. And yeah, mixing live recording is always scary to me Smile. Cheers!
(28-01-2021, 01:10 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Getting the mandolin present in your mix like that is admirable. I struggled with it for quite some time in my mix. I hear an influx of hi-mid in your mix. I think bc of it your mix is less punchy and your instruments less defined, imo. The bass is nice but can use a bit more bottom (sub). I think the distorted guitar is a bit loud in some places competing with the vocal, holding it back. I think you can pan the guitar and the mandolin opposite; that'll make your mix a bit wider, more pleasant to listen to, imo. Perhaps by doing that, your guitar may not interfere with your vocal anymore without doing much. In my experience, I am more weary about top end in live recording than studio's. I spent more time cleaning the craps, but it helps hone my skills. And yeah, mixing live recording is always scary to me Smile. Cheers!
Hi SonicTramp! Many thanks for the comments and I will use your suggestions when I'm doing another mix later on. Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!
Nice mix! Vocals are good. Perhaps a bit much of 60Hz on the kick.
(13-02-2021, 07:06 PM)chuck moe Wrote: Nice mix! Vocals are good. Perhaps a bit much of 60Hz on the kick.
Hi chuck moe! Thanks for the comments. I'll make a decision on the kick after referencing the mix in my car. Cheers!