Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spee Dee mix
So this is my version. I'm quite new in the audiomixing, actually this is the first time I've mixed a real band with real instruments. Normally I'm mixing my own projects in my home studio with only vst gear. So, feel free to ciriticsize.

.mp3    Lost my Soul.mp3 --  (Download: 10.87 MB)

Hi snd welcom to the fun
Many of us come from mixin our own stuff. Not many have hands on experience from a real studio or the advantage of havin a better engineer teach you things so this place is great for learnin.

I wonder if you listen on baslight speakers ? Bas is very loud. Kick isnt audible, probably bas masks it. Try the trick of cuttin bas where you boost kick, or put a compressor sidechained to kick on bas track so it dips bas for kick to cut through. The lvl of bas takes the power out of the mix, so thats the first thing to fix.

You vocal verb sounds great. But is a bit loud. If you made it so to reflect the lyrics feelin lonely blues its a good call, is that the case ? The bv (background vocals) are hard left right. I mix this one at mo and plan to make the first bv mono and only use one, to make fade chorus bigger. Its a creat trick - make things seem bigger by makin the surroundings smaller.

The fade is so long it includes the drumfill where he comes in late after. Mane it shorter. No need to emphadize the mistake and the point is made long before that. Rather a short intetesting song than 34 repeated choruses Big Grin

Hope you can use the suggestions

And the best way to get feedback is to give feedback. Read the three commandments.
And welcom again
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order