Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyndsey Ollard - Catching Up (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A nice song, but I had a little challenge to get the vocals to sit properly in the mix! Feedback?

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Lyndsey Ollard - Catching Up.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

.mp3    Lyndsey Ollard - Catching Up V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

Hi!

Really a very nice mix. I like the little moments of ear candy of the acoustic guitar, etc in the right speaker - like around the 1:28 mark. Magic.

Yeah the vocals are (always?) tough to get right. (Actually it's all tough to get right but I digress...) I figure this song is all about the singer and the vocals, so I agree with it being a vocal up mix. Others might disagree, but I think you can make a good case for a vocals up mix here. You really do want to hear all the details of a good vocal in a song like this.

Maybe just a touch too much reverb (again!) for my taste, but this is actually the kind of song that calls for it I guess. I think for me, I like to just catch the sense of space of the reverb off the louder notes of the vocal, and guitars etc, maybe, if that makes sense?

Anyway I particularly enjoyed this mix a lot. Excellent work.

Oh, I think there was quite a lot to sort out arrangement wise with this session, and I think you've done a really good job with that aspect too.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(01-07-2020, 10:39 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Really a very nice mix.  I like the little moments of ear candy of the acoustic guitar, etc in the right speaker - like around the 1:28 mark.  Magic. 

Yeah the vocals are (always?) tough to get right.  (Actually it's all tough to get right but I digress...)  I figure this song is all about the singer and the vocals, so I agree with it being a vocal up mix.  Others might disagree, but I think you can make a good case for a vocals up mix here.  You really do want to hear all the details of a good vocal in a song like this.

Maybe just a touch too much reverb (again!) for my taste, but this is actually the kind of song that calls for it I guess.  I think for me, I like to just catch the sense of space of the reverb off the louder notes of the vocal, and guitars etc, maybe, if that makes sense?

Anyway I particularly enjoyed this mix a lot. Excellent work. 

Oh, I think there was quite a lot to sort out arrangement wise with this session, and I think you've done a really good job with that aspect too.

Cheers!
Hi and thank you for the comments.
Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!