Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessica Childress - Slow Down (Hein-Ivan Mix)
(02-07-2020, 12:00 AM)mikej Wrote: Same.  Well, apart from the experience bit. 

Probably not that relevant for this thread but probably ok to put it here anyway as the question occurred to me... I wondered if you are using the same reverb on a send for the whole mix?
No, I'm using Atlantis Reverb on the vocal - bus, Walhalla Room on guitars & keys -bus and Atlantis Reverb on drum-bus (different setting than vocals).
Ah - It was maybe more the Lyndsey Ollard track I was thinking of perhaps...

I dunno, I was thinking it might be worth trying a short stereo delay on the vocal, or maybe a shorter reverb to bring it forward a bit more in the mix on some tracks? It's something I have been playing about with, and thought it might work for you and add that extra dimension of depth. I think for some tracks the vocal reverb can maybe blend a bit too well with the backing track a bit. It might work, might not, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I must say that the mixes of yours I have checked out so far have been pretty good, and also consistent.

I'll maybe have to check out the Atlantis reverb sometime. I remember seeing the guys pages of plugins, but haven't tried any of them so far.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(02-07-2020, 12:38 AM)mikej Wrote: Ah - It was maybe more the Lyndsey Ollard track I was thinking of perhaps... 

I dunno, I was thinking it might be worth trying a short stereo delay on the vocal, or maybe a shorter reverb to bring it forward a bit more in the mix on some tracks?  It's something I have been playing about with, and thought it might work for you and add that extra dimension of depth.  I think for some tracks the vocal reverb can maybe blend a bit too well with the backing track a bit.  It might work, might not, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I must say that the mixes of yours I have checked out so far have been pretty good, and also consistent. 

I'll maybe have to check out the Atlantis reverb sometime.  I remember seeing the guys pages of plugins, but haven't  tried any of them so far.

Cheers!
Thanks. I normally do the Atlantis Reverb (AR) only on vocals and then the TC 8210 on drums. But for this song a felt that the AR was more appropriate.

Cheers!
New version V2 small changes!
New version V3 some changes!
Ok, so V3 is just completely Euphoric! I haven't had a chance to mix this song yet so I'm not sure how the tracks sound, but the way you've got the speakers singing in the mid range is so nice to listen to. Absolutely no imperfections at all with this mix! I think my favorite thing is low mid vocal presence. It really feels like the singer is right in front of me out of thr music, but still with it. Great mix! Smile
(08-02-2021, 04:55 AM)401kBC Wrote: Ok, so V3 is just completely Euphoric! I haven't had a chance to mix this song yet so I'm not sure how the tracks sound, but the way you've got the speakers singing in the mid range is so nice to listen to. Absolutely no imperfections at all with this mix! I think my favorite thing is low mid vocal presence. It really feels like the singer is right in front of me out of thr music, but still with it. Great mix! Smile
Hi 401kBC! Many thanks for the comments and yes, I do like this mix myself. Cheers!
Really live feel. I like the balance, the space and kind of intimate vocals. Good one Big Grin
Here's my, I'd appreciate your feedback:
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=37993
(09-03-2021, 07:31 PM)LoCat Wrote: Really live feel. I like the balance, the space and kind of intimate vocals. Good one Big Grin
Here's my, I'd appreciate your feedback:
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=37993
Hi LoCat! Many thanks for the comments. I will listen to your mix. Cheers!