Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Town AndyG Mix
Something different to mix what a cool production, thanks for the tracks.

.mp3    AngeloBoltini_ThisTown1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

I like it. It’s got strong sound that fits the tune. The drums might be a bit too “in your face” I’m not sure. They tend to dominate but I like the deep snare sound. Maybe it’s the generally dry tone that I’m not used to. I’m not use what it is. It’s very thick sounding which I like and is part of its charm but could use some breathing room.

The vocals sound great. No complaints there.

The overall balance works. Nothing is harsh and the low end feels right. Ok, the tambourine might be loud by the end but that’s just me.

That might not make a whole lot of sense. I just woke up. Let me know.
Thanks for listening and your thoughts,
Andy
Very nice mix !
Hi Andy,
Your mix is a little bit cloudy in the center Bass and Kick seems to fight each other for the same space especially and the end of the track other than that really powerfull mix.
Mr. Loud
(15-07-2020, 10:12 PM)The Wizzards Wrote: Hi Andy,
Your mix is a little bit cloudy in the center Bass and Kick seems to fight each other for the same space especially and the end of the track other than that really powerfull mix.
Missed this one, sorry for the late replay. Thanks for listening and your thoughts. Cheers!
I found the lead vocal a somewhat brittle or maybe lacking low end roundness and it became a distraction for me. I usually enjoy your mixes but I am not a fan of this one. It seems more heavy handed than your usual touch. Sorry to be so negative.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]