Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Learning_JPX_MIX
Wow...super production,i go with a smooth mix.Mis felicitaciones a la banda.es un tema hermoso!

.mp3    LEARNING_JPX_MIX_.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

Hola JPX,

I think the mix is pretty well balanced, but there's a problem that stands out to me, and it is the distortion. The voice sounds quite distorted and heavy on the verb. There's an overall distorted quality on your mix. I don't know if it's intended or not, if it is something in the mix buss, or from the reverbs, or wherever... and while it could help gel the instruments (in a smaller dose), the voice suffers from it.

Is there a distortion plugin acting up, or are the tracks clipping at some point, maybe internally, maybe right before a compressor so it's acting up?

I can give feedback in spanish as well if you want to. Cheers!
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(04-07-2020, 02:49 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hola JPX,

I think the mix is pretty well balanced, but there's a problem that stands out to me, and it is the distortion. The voice sounds quite distorted and heavy on the verb. There's an overall distorted quality on your mix. I don't know if it's intended or not, if it is something in the mix buss, or from the reverbs, or wherever... and while it could help gel the instruments (in a smaller dose), the voice suffers from it.

Is there a distortion plugin acting up, or are the tracks clipping at some point, maybe internally, maybe right before a compressor so it's acting up?

Hola OctupusOnFire! si,mucha cantidad de pistas y tuve que mudarme a otro programa de mezcla.todavia buscando formas de mezclar,se que no es para nada perfecta.gracias por tus palabras!
(06-07-2020, 05:32 PM)[email protected] Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:49 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hola JPX,

Hola OctupusOnFire! si,mucha cantidad de pistas y tuve que mudarme a otro programa de mezcla.todavia buscando formas de mezclar,se que no es para nada perfecta.gracias por tus palabras!
No hay de qué! Mira a ver el gain staging. Cambiar de DAW siempre da problemas pero es una buena oportunidad para aprender.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.