Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix and mqster of Cage
Hello guys,

THis mix and mqster took me 15 hours.
( I started to use free plugin Hofa project time. It is really useful. I think you guys should put how much time it took you).
 I feel that i'm getting more and more confortable to bring energy to the mixes I do.
I used different reverb on verses and chorus for the voice. I put a delay during chorus.
There is automation on volume, pan, fx send.
During the break before the final chorus, I've got creative.
That's what I meant when I said I give energy to the mix. I put my story in the song story.
For the mastering, I made it as I wanted to deliver a song to be upload to Spotify. SO -14 DBLUFS integrated.
I used a warm tube saturation, a multiband EQ, a stereo imager and a limiter. Everything in Protools. I didnt use Ozone 8 master tool.
Tell me what you think about it.
Thanks

.mp3    The black crown mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.1 MB)

Hi Badcard! I think this mix is musical, but counters some tecnichal issues, atleast to my monitoring. The cymbals are quite nasty when they hit. I think some simple equing would do, which often applies to overheads in general. The bass-elements are there, but they don't quite shine as much as they could in there dominant areas, feels like the kick has litle lowend-punch. Guitars feels big but yet detailed, and nice tones to them. I sorta liked the way you keep the vocals dynamic even though they are far from flattened. Snare is a bit plocky in the highmids, feels a bit woody, think it needs a tiny something around 200hz. It has something going this mix though, so not bad at all. There is my own preferences, hope it does something for ya!