Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access Denied Mix - It's been a while since I've been here
Here's my take.  Been quite a while since I've posted here as a lot has happened family-wise in the last 5 months or so.  

Notes - busy song (as already noted) with lots going on in the same frequency regions.  I chose to leave it fairy busy as an arrangement yet work hard on space placement/pan/stereo width track settings - especially with all the synth tracks.  All this had to take (for me) second place to the lead vocal).  I really had to concentrate on pinning the bass down. Hard.  Especially with the syncopated kick.  There are a few places the timing wanders just slightly between the bass and kick, but I left all that alone here.

For space, I chose a large'ish room for a performance vibe.  There is also an additional plate for the lead vocal and some percussion plate for the snare and drum room ambient stem.

Given the provided "full" track, I did push this a bit - so levels are about -1.5db once printed.  Hope it's worth a listen, and thanks to the artists, etc. for making the song available to mix.

.mp3    Access Denied MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.16 MB)