Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silona mix
(04-07-2020, 03:13 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: I'm listening to Mix 6.

Definitely an improvement from the one in the OP. The bass still could be more consistent. Kinda comes and goes depending on the note. I usually take issue with too much reverb, so I'm tempted to tell you that there is too much reverb Big Grin Or at least, it's too... "fizzy" for my taste. Other than that, in the instrumental part I'd like to hear more of the main synths and less of the accompanying synths.
Thank you @OctopusOnFire for the feedback. Yeah it seems like many people take issue with the amount of reverb. I was thinking of artists like Mazzy Star or Beach House how they have that washed out reverb sound but it may be a bit much. For the bass I definitely agree with the inconsistency there. I'd like to try SurferEQ on it as that eq moves with the bass harmonics.
(05-07-2020, 09:52 AM)thedon Wrote: Listening to Mix 6,
Sounds well balanced.
I agree the reverb sounds a little too wet .
The bass Guitar could come up more in the low frequencies below 80 hz area
Nice work !
Thanks @thedon! yeah I'm still not satisfied with that bass too. Ill see what an increased boost sounds like there. Thank you very much for the listen and feedback, it is helpful.
(09-07-2020, 02:31 AM)man3ster Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 03:13 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: I'm listening to Mix 6.

Definitely an improvement from the one in the OP. The bass still could be more consistent. Kinda comes and goes depending on the note. I usually take issue with too much reverb, so I'm tempted to tell you that there is too much reverb Big Grin Or at least, it's too... "fizzy" for my taste. Other than that, in the instrumental part I'd like to hear more of the main synths and less of the accompanying synths.
Thank you @OctopusOnFire for the feedback. Yeah it seems like many people take issue with the amount of reverb. I was thinking of artists like Mazzy Star or Beach House how they have that washed out reverb sound but it may be a bit much. For the bass I definitely agree with the inconsistency there. I'd like to try SurferEQ on it as that eq moves with the bass harmonics.

I have SurferEQ, and to be honest, I barely use it (never, actually). The concept may be cool, but I couldn't get it to really work for my mixes. If you're gonna spend money, grab the Gentleman's edition of TDR Nova dynamic EQ, although the free version will be perfectly functional for that purpose. SurferEQ can be quite a gamble, while you'll have perfect control over each band in TDR dynEQ, and you don't need more than 3 or 4 bands to tame every problematic harmonic.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

I listened to MIX 6 and it's pretty well balanced. Good Job! Smile