Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Menon - Though My Eyes
Hello,

This was a very nice song to mix, very nice vocal recording and singing
Thanks a lot for the multitracks

I wish I could've re-worked the strings with some good virtual library, so they could make the song stand out more
Still not happy about the snare sound, let me know what you think

Edit 18.11.2022
- I've tried again this great song, hope this time is better

Cheers

.mp3    Jay Menon - Through My Eyes R01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

.mp3    Jay Menon - Through My Eyes v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.14 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
New version added
Hey Mike and everyone,
here's my mix of this song which I had lots of fun doing. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the Podcast Smile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ex9pUiF...share_link

Best
Max
(20-12-2022, 12:47 PM)Der_Landvogt Wrote: Hey Mike and everyone,
here's my mix of this song which I had lots of fun doing. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the Podcast Smile

[link]

Best
Max

Hi!

Der_Landvogt

FYI - it would probably be better to create a thread of your own to post your mix rather than post this on filipandrei's thread. It's better to attach an mp3 of your mix too, rather than post a link to your mix as the link won't work when you move or delete the file.

https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/misc...help&hid=9

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey Mike,
thanks for the heads up. It's the first time I post something to this forum and wasn't quite sure how to go about it. I will create a new thread and include an mp3 file.
Best
Max
Hey filipandrei,

I just listened to your mix quite extensively. Well done! I especially liked your reverbs and the overall mix tonality. The mix that I did is much wetter which I don't really like all that much now that I compare it to yours.

You mentioned you weren't happy with the snare sound. While it's definitely perfectly acceptable I still think it could a bit brighter, bigger and more forward sounding. Maybe you'd like to check out how I balanced the snare in my mix. It's really quite different. I also noticed that the bassdrum is getting buried a bit in your mix.
Another thing that bothered me a little was the sound of the nylon string guitar. A bit too dull for my liking Smile
But other than that, great work!
Thanks Der_Landvogt,

I hope you've listened to both my mixes, and especially the second one (my latest one)
For sure I'll listen to your mix... Smile

Cheers