Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summerghost SpedeMix
Hello! Here's my mix from this atmospheric tune. Mixing that stereo drum track was quite a challenge although the midi track was of help (I triggered some kicks and snares from the midi). I was kinda thinking about A Perfect Circle's album Thirteenth Step while conducting this mix; sentimental, yet heavy. I also parallel distorted the chorus guitars to make the chorus sound bigger and meatier.

.m4a    Summerghost_SpedeMix.m4a --  (Download: 3.47 MB)

Nicely crafted mixed Spede. I can defiantly hear the perfect circle sound coming through in your mix. Great job !
(23-12-2013, 11:53 AM)Spede Wrote: Hello! Here's my mix from this atmospheric tune. Mixing that stereo drum track was quite a challenge although the midi track was of help (I triggered some kicks and snares from the midi). I was kinda thinking about A Perfect Circle's album Thirteenth Step while conducting this mix; sentimental, yet heavy. I also parallel distorted the chorus guitars to make the chorus sound bigger and meatier.

In general, I liked! Maybe for me ( personal preferences) too much HH and OH on drums! Big Grin

Does anybody have a clue which drum map was used for the midi? Logic Pro X seems to come close, but some notes don't fit.
(03-01-2014, 10:42 AM)stoman Wrote: Does anybody have a clue which drum map was used for the midi? Logic Pro X seems to come close, but some notes don't fit.

No idea. I simply took the midi track, copy pasted individual notes (snare, kick and such) to separate tracks and added samples with tab-to transient from the midi track. I didn't know Pro Tools can tab to midi notes Smile
nice mix, the vibe fits the song.

I just would like the guitars to be a little more agressive in the midrange and maybe a touch louder.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Great sounding mix! The backing track especially was very nice. The extra effort with the snare really helps with a nice peak at 200hz rather than the one at nearer 300hz that came with the supplied drum track.

I kinda felt like the backing vocals got a little lost in the 2nd part as the backing track was slightly dominating but very nice overall.

Fantastic vibe! The first four notes of the guitar were immediately gripping, and I love the parallel distortion on the guitars! You have great taste and artistic vision in your mixes; all the little decisions you make have amazing focus and impact! Thanks, I really enjoyed this one.
Great job making it your own and still keeping the integrity of the song. I really enjoyed your approach.