Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini: 'This Town'_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel Angel Angel
I listened to the original artist's rendition of this AFTER I mixed it. It seems like they had some other tracks in there that were not provided with the "76" tracks in THIS download. Anyway, with that many tracks I wanted to use all of them and get a clean, crisp mix. Some mixes I've heard have the snare too deep. There are enough deep elements that the snare should be more crispy than boomy and so it is in my mix. I also used all three lead vocal tracks to blend in together (in downward degrees) which is a sound I'm hearing a lot in today's pop music. Overall I wanted a mix where every track/instrument could be heard even given the extreme number of tracks. Personally, I don't think 4 to 6 acoustic or 4 to 6 electric guitar tracks are necessary in any circumstance, but I used all of them anyway since the layering of those multiple tracks is what was given, and I wanted to tackle the most tracks I have ever mixed...a whopping 76 tracks. Obviously group channels/tracks were used and I had 11 of them going in order to get this mix under control and manageable. Other mixes I've heard on here are too bassy.....didn't want that and THAT is NOT what you are going to hear in my mix. Any DEstructive critique is NOT welcomed as I worked very hard on this mix. However any CONSTRUCTIVE critique is always welcomed. There is a way to say things politely guys/gals....and I've seen some brutal comments in this forum over the years. Keep it polite. Thanks. By the way, I added a hi hat and crashes....needed it in my opinion.....it rounded out the drum sound nicely.
Tom

.mp3    This Town_14M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek