Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remix & mastering Cage - The Black Crown
Hello again!

I am very excited to upload my version of this great song. I tried to focus on two main questions: 1) how to integrate battery power and bass and 2) develop another solution on the bridge / break.
To do this, I froze all tracks of drums on a mono track, applied extreme compression and also extreme distortion, and finally applied a delay to open the stereo image. And then I added this signal in parallel under the main battery buss.
Well, let's see what you think about this attempt :-)

Thanks in advance!

.mp3    Cage - 25-06-20.mp3 --  (Download: 11.57 MB)

Hi Jmolas. Very very intressting, this is as far from "perfect" yet okay sounding mix i've ever heard i think haha! Its so smashed but still works. The highs in my monitoring is going nuts though, listening to quite bassy headphones. The mids like 800 to 3k are quite gone, and needs some more dynamic room, for me atleast.
Thank you very much for your response and for your considerations. They will be very useful for me.

Absolutely in accordance with all your appreciations. I am working on a new mix and, of course, I will take into consideration everything you tell me.

Is there any good that you would mantain in next mix or better I start from zero? :-)

Keep in touch.

Jordi.
Well ... here I send a new remix and a new mastering. I have tried to be careful not to destroy the mid frequencies ;-)

.mp3    Cage_2 - 02-07-20.mp3 --  (Download: 11.61 MB)