Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Feedback Appreciated, Cheers!
Hi,
Currently studying mixing and production and recently completed first mix of another artists work. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Never offended by honesty! 

Loved the musical feeling and lyrics of this song. The recorded vocal was stunning. I've never worked with overbleed before so found it quite challenging, especially the drums and room mics.  I paid particular focus to the arrangement to try and create the boxcar movement and theme of the lyrics and keep it interesting throughout. 

I hear a strange clip around 2:04. Theres nothing obvious on the actual track, has anybody got any advice on this?, Am i possibly sending the signal too hot between vst's? Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks for listening  Cool  Gill

.mp3    Backroom In Tulsa.mp3 --  (Download: 5.24 MB)

I like Able's vocal starting on the left side but not the transition when he heads east. It sounds more like a mistake than an panning move. Other than that your sounds are excellent and the balance spot on. I also liked what you did with the acoustic through its phrases. I did something similar. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]