Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silona-Learning How To Fly- (LM425 Mix)
Hi all! 

Really went to town on this one and spent good long time mixing it - 

please let me know what you think of it! As ever looking for any and all feedback and will return comments and feedback etc =)

.mp3    Learning how to fly.mp3 --  (Download: 8.26 MB)

.mp3    Learning how to fly 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

I like the warm tone you got on the vocals!
I don't know what it is about this song but I always feel like it needs a lot more bass than what most people put on here. Maybe I just like the fuller sound you get with louder bass on this song.

so pretty much for me just the bass that is just not there completely. It sure has a lot of sub sound but you can't really hear that much in headphones, phones, cheap speaker, and even some cars.... Everything else has been balanced well and eq is solid.
(27-06-2020, 06:22 AM)Shul Wrote: I like the warm tone you got on the vocals!
I don't know what it is about this song but I always feel like it needs a lot more bass than what most people put on here. Maybe I just like the fuller sound you get with louder bass on this song.

so pretty much for me just the bass that is just not there completely. It sure has a lot of sub sound but you can't really hear that much in headphones, phones, cheap speaker, and even some cars....  Everything else has been balanced well and eq is solid.
Hey Shul, thanks for your feedback!

I happen to agree with you on the bass so i've added a second version. I think this is as much as can comfortably add so would be interested if you find it improved (i think so)
Listening to Fly 2 and I like it a lot ,
I like the stereo field and effects.
I'm hearing some phase difference with the synth ,acoustic guitars with the bass and kick.
when listening in mono the synth and acoustic level drop quite low .
Maybe the acoustic and synth just needs some bottom end rolled of or the phase flipped ?   

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(28-06-2020, 07:06 AM)lm425 Wrote:
(27-06-2020, 12:37 PM)thedon Wrote: Listening to Fly 2 and I like it a lot ,
I like the stereo field and effects.
I'm hearing some phase difference with the synth ,acoustic guitars with the bass and kick.
when listening in mono the synth and acoustic level drop quite low .
Maybe the acoustic and synth just needs some bottom end rolled of or the phase flipped ?   

Cheers Big Grin

glad you liked it! seems to hang together ok in mono but it does suffer a bit, just dont listen in mono =)
nice warm low end.
I like what you're going for with the low end, but it seems that it "lingers" from one hit to the next (I think it's one of the toms), ending up in some sort of a continuous hum. I also like what you did with the drum loop, filtering and distorting it. Good use of the echo in the voice.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(29-06-2020, 11:01 AM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: I like what you're going for with the low end, but it seems that it "lingers" from one hit to the next (I think it's one of the toms), ending up in some sort of a continuous hum. I also like what you did with the drum loop, filtering and distorting it. Good use of the echo in the voice.
Had a listen again, I get what you are saying for sure - I happen to really like the rumbly hyped up toms =). thanks for the feedback!
I think you need to pull back on the low tom, it's stepping on the vocal. It may be a bit dark but I think that is just my taste. Overall it sounds balanced and listens well.