Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encore - nilorb
No quantize editing. Mixing only.

.mp3    Encore nilorb.mp3 --  (Download: 9.92 MB)

I liked the processing on the instruments here. There is ample low end and the drums have good tone. It sounds a bit like you used a kick sample, but not completely sure. I like to avoid using samples if possible. Just remember to let drums be a bit dynamic. I would say the vocal needs a bit of work. There is no low end in the vocal. Remember, there is detail in the low end. The high end also sticks out too much. I recommend processing it more similarly to your guitars. You want a mix to sound sort of cohesive. If something has a completely different tone than everything else, it will sound unnatural. Also, on the background vocals, I recommend a bit less extreme/electronic sounding processing. Make things fit with the instrumentation. Remember to make edits not only in solo, but with everything else playing. Lastly, remember not to over compress. Dynamics make things sound natural, so remember to let everything breathe. I hope you keep practicing and improving. There are well done elements here, so you certainly have potential.