Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino Roar mix. done in logic.
?
first draft, needs some tweaking on speakers at decent volume.

.mp3    overkill_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 14.59 MB)

that's weird. playing from the player here it skips all over the shop., missing bits out and then looping back to an earlier part. it's gone mad!
it's a standard 320k mp3 rendered out of logic. plays fine in iTunes.
My goodness! There's quite a bit of 5k in this track! It has a very industrial sound to it. Super scooped sounding, like there's not much midrange, and all the low energy feels like it's between 100hz and 300hz. What are you mixing on? I like how everything seems to be very djonty. But some of the elements feel kinda plastic due to thhat 200hz and 5k peak. It also has some kind of strange phasing on it. Is that just the guitar tone, or is that a stereo effect on the master?
(25-07-2020, 04:00 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: My goodness! There's quite a bit of 5k in this track! It has a very industrial sound to it. Super scooped sounding, like there's not much midrange, and all the low energy feels like it's between 100hz and 300hz. What are you mixing on? I like how everything seems to be very djonty. But some of the elements feel kinda plastic due to thhat 200hz and 5k peak. It also has some kind of strange phasing on it. Is that just the guitar tone, or is that a stereo effect on the master?

What speakers you listening on? The treble energy is actually lower down at 3k area, it IS scooped around 500hz... as the original post says: "First Draft, needs some tweaking on speakers at decent volume"

Download it & stick it into any DAW or mastering s/w and just boost the 500hz area (not TOO wide Q) and there's your lower-mids back, if you like you can slightly drop the area centred around 3k, just a smidge to taste. Try that. ?