Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions
This Mix Head Phone Only

What do U think? My MixHuh

.mp3    STOW 2Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.77 MB)

Why Guitar at Left side and snare at right?
My Band - FireLips
I don't know if the snare panning was intentional/mistake or maybe an experiment, but it really does not work. It pulls the whole stereo off to the side.

Sounds like a great mix other wise, if only the panning was sorted Smile
Because the position of the snare of an overhead is located on the right

I think ,,,,
If it is center, feel that a phase is bad, and the snare does not come out in front.

By contrast, panning of the guitar was carried out.

which was a mistake?  Confused
This mix feels rather thin-sounding and fatiguing to me, tonally speaking. It's not that there isn't any bass, because there is something going on down in the 50-100Hz zone from the bass, but the guitars and kick feel like they've seen rather rough treatment at the hands of your high-pass filter. As such, you've got precious little going on in the 100-400Hz 'warmth' frequencies of your mix. The couple of strong peaks around 3.5kHz and 10-12kHz only serve to exacerbate the problem.

Because of the tonal issues, it's actually quite difficult for me to comment on anything else, so let me make a couple of suggestions. Firstly, I think it'd help if you referenced your mix against some commercial examples to give you a better handle on the general tonal ball-park you need to aim for. And, secondly, try to go easier on the processing at mixdown. It sounds to me as if you're using EQ, in particular, a bit too aggressively. Try to stick to cuts mostly if you can, and see if you can make fader and phase/polarity settings do more of the work.
message thank you!!

I think your message.
one more try this track.