Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet - All The Gin Is Gone (Hein-Ivan Mix)
(08-02-2024, 09:29 PM)Rob Cummings (Hot Milk Studio) Wrote: Nice mix, maybe a tad boxy from the double-bass (too loud?) and the overheads and snare could use a little bit of brightening. The top end seems to be a bit too dull in general.
My two cents and as always  YMMV.
- Rob Cummings (Hot Milk Studio Berlin)
Hello Rob Cummings! Many thanks for the comments. I remember it sounded good in my car so I keep it, but maybe I'll do another mix later on. Cheers!
I think this mix (V3) is quite good. I like how 'robust' it sounds, for want of a better word. It's warm and dense in a good way. The reverb you used is definitely not the kind of reverb I would've used (too big and too long), but I think it contributes a lot to that dense sound that I like, so maybe I'm saying that the reverb was quite a good choice in this instance. Anyway, nice mixing!
(13-03-2024, 01:34 AM)BurntWater Wrote: I think this mix (V3) is quite good. I like how 'robust' it sounds, for want of a better word. It's warm and dense in a good way. The reverb you used is definitely not the kind of reverb I would've used (too big and too long), but I think it contributes a lot to that dense sound that I like, so maybe I'm saying that the reverb was quite a good choice in this instance. Anyway, nice mixing!
Hi BurntWater! Many thanks for the comments. Cheers!