Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Tacos - Friday Night Mix
Hey y'all,
Here is my mix of this catchy tune: "Fish Tacos". As always, thanks for listening, and criticisms/comments are encouraged!

.mp3    Fish Tacos 12-21-13.mp3 --  (Download: 5.31 MB)

I dont no what you were going for but I picture warm and cosy small hall or club. the voc is clear and not hard to hear. if you were actually going for an ambiance like club, i think the ukulele and the guitars should be spread out a little bit and the wide toms a bit closer to the rest of the drums. I also feel the ukulele should be heard more and the kick and bass be fatter to create the groove along the vocals. the mix is actually good. I could be wrong with all this i just said, am not an expert, am very new to the music and mixing world.
Thanks Cad,
I was feeling a pretty laid back vibe on this one, the uke seems to lead me that way. Thanks for the mention of the toms being wide, I have tended to spread them out as a matter of habit, and with recent reading, listening, and your statement, I am beginning to rethink my automatic, rock & roll treatment of the drums wide. It seems mixing means having come to terms with many musical, artistic, and philosophical details so that you can approach each mix with purpose and confidence. I don't know how soon ill be able to revisit this one, but I'll be sure to measure it against your ideas! Thanks again for the feedback, I'll try and check out some of your mixes and respond also. Happy mixing!

(08-02-2014, 05:27 PM)cadheobeatz Wrote: I dont no what you were going for but I picture warm and cosy small hall or club. the voc is clear and not hard to hear. if you were actually going for an ambiance like club, i think the ukulele and the guitars should be spread out a little bit and the wide toms a bit closer to the rest of the drums. I also feel the ukulele should be heard more and the kick and bass be fatter to create the groove along the vocals. the mix is actually good. I could be wrong with all this i just said, am not an expert, am very new to the music and mixing world.