• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers - Go Go Go
Hi,
Gave this one a go.
Cheers!

Update: Added new mix 2.0.
Update: Added new mix 2.1.
Update: Added new mix 2.3.

.mp3    Nicki Bluhm And The Gramblers - Go Go Go.mp3 --  (Download: 8.15 MB)

.mp3    Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers - Go Go Go (2.0).mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

.mp3    Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers - Go Go Go (2.1).mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

.mp3    Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers - Go Go Go (2.3).mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey MikeJ,

great mix, with a very "chill" feel to it. The guitars and keys sound are integrated nicely, giving this mix a cohesive sound.
Some thoughts and opinions:
- Vocals are a bit clouded (but I remember that the vocal track was pretty full of bleed, so this might be difficult to adress)
- Kick has great sound and punch, but the snare feels a bit whacky and out of place. (I definetly remember the snare sounding horrible in the recording, so the only way to really fix this would probably be samples.)
- Guitar solo could be louder, but I am guitarist. Tongue
- Also the wide panning does not work as well on headphones as it might on studio monitors

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
Hi!

- Vocals - agree. Also difficult to get that room sound (proximity effect or whatever) out of the vocal mic too.
- Snare - agree. Have to see if it can be fixed or as you say requires samples.
- Wide panning -agree. Sounds a bit wide on my monitors too listening back.

I think this was quite the live recording so yeah, I think there was lots of bleed everywhere, I recall!

I do have the mix archived, but you've inspired me to give it another go from scratch, to see if I can maybe do a bit better. Lets see.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
New mix 2.0 added.

Cheers!
Hey MikeJ,
I think you overdid it a little bit with the corrections in mix2. I would try to shoot right between mix1 and mix 2.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
Heh. I shall see what I can do.

Cheers!
Mix 2.1 added.

Edit: Although it needs cleaning up as this mix isn't there yet...

Cheers!
Mix 2.3 added. Might need more work on the snare and vocals.

Cheers!