Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great song, brilliant vocal performance
(20-06-2020, 02:41 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Haven't attempted this track yet but I did check out your mix.  Yeah I agree it's a cool track.  That filter sweep thing works really well, kind of like an awesome wah-wah pedal swell or something.  Pretty creative mix overall, with lots going on.  It does sound like you're having to fight the tracks a bit though.  (I've no idea what the raw tracks are like). 

Yeah I feel there might be too much bus compression or something like that going on - hard for me to tell what's going on, but it feels a touch flat-ish or something?  I think you can maybe spread things out a touch more panning wise also perhaps? Might give a bit of room for the vocal. 

Not sure if it's the headphones I'm currently listening on (bit late/early for monitors here), but I felt it worked a bit better with a couple of db at 800Hz and also 2k-ish for a bit of definition there in the guitar and vocal?

I hope you'll be having a go at a v2? I feel you're on to something here anyway.  Not sure if my comments will help your mix or not, but I wanted to give you some encouragement anyway.

Cheers!
Thank you for your time and your input. I really appreciate it.
Regarding the panning, I think that I panned the verse guitar pretty narrowly in order to make the arrangement breathe a bit more in the chorus. Obviously it causes some issues with regards to the vocal relation. The key here could easily be the 2k-area, which I do not like on the vocal. That means that there's room for guitar here ... 
I really appreciate your time. And yeah, I will most definitely have a go at a v2.
Cheers
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi!

Had a couple of listens to this on speakers. The only thing that I noted was that the vocal seemed to jump out a bit at the 1:43 mark. The mix is sounding pretty good here to me today I think!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!