Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very hard mix! What do you think about it?
Hi, this is my mix. It was really hard to mix due to the large number of tracks. Let me know what do you think! Smile

.mp3    [MP3]-[MIX]-This_Town-Angelo_Boltini.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

It feels a bit too compressed. The synth parts feel a little loud but I'm not sure that's 'wrong' at all. I'm just not used to it. Though they do steal the focus from the vocal part at times. There is a build up in the lower mids/upper lows that I think is in the synths. I wish there was more of the the lead guitar (gtr3 I think) it just adds some 'soaring' and chaos over the very static rhythm section. Like around 2:53.

I think it could be brightened overall.

I like the tambourines. Not sure if you did much to them but they seem to move and add some life to everything

It's not bad. It could use some rebalancing and some tweaking but it's not far off.

Don't let the amount of tracks get to you. Just work with busses and simplify things. There's always a song underneath any amount of tracks and no one is ever going to care about "mic 3 on the 2nd acoustic guitar". Never let a mix beat you. If it ever seems overwhelming just start by using as few elements as you need to make a good mix that represents the song. Then fold in the rest.

Sorry to rant. It's early here. I just woke up.