Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Cage (Spandex mix)
SO in a crazy world i have the benefit of having a little more time on my hand due to short time at work
heres me mix,  vocals are a bit of a challenge to me and i still dont think i've made them sit quite right.
if you have any ideas here i'd be happy with that
any other critique would also be greatly appreciated, the good the bad and the ugly

mix no 2 up

Mix no 3 Up
thanks bcs and cudjoe

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    the black crown cage.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

.mp3    the black crown cage 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

.mp3    the black crown cage 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

Had A look into the track again, hopefully ive made the vocals better and a bit more presence on the guitars

any ways let me know guys :-D
Hi. I do like mix 2, including the vocals although I do think the mix as a whole could be a bit more aggressive, compression-wise. The only main things that kinda irks me while listening are

- the kick being a bit too plasticky in the 3-5khHz, and quite loud especially compared to snare which sounds relatively weak (even compared to mix 1)
- the lead guitar at the buildup part before the last chorus being a bit behind time(?). Not sure if it was intentional or not but just wanna point out that it threw me off quite a bit.
- this is up to taste but I recommend you try adding some growl to the bass. Works particularly well in this track.
- in the bridge, the low vocal is a bit low end heavy and loud, and the chugging guitars are also very loud.

Please check out my mix too!

Cheers
Hi Span i agree with bcs about the aggressive nature of this track,needs a bit more in ya face type of vibe,good balance though ,struggled with some parts of this track too.
Reaper user
Hey Guys

so i smashed the track down a lil bit and hopefully it hits more like a wet fish to the face

ive tried to fix the other mentioned issues, i'm no guru so let me know if i came close to resolving the issues

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my mix.
i really appreciate it